Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Search of the Elusive Milk - Attempt #2

I was excited to find a can of condensed milk thinking I'd make myself some of that coffee with condensed milk without the trip to Chinatown. It seemed like the logical thing to do while I was desperate for coffee but would do anything but leave the house to buy milk.

With this milk, the condensed part was certainly a misnomer since it had expanded so much inside that both ends were bulging!!!!



When I opened the can it made a hissing noise. I was prepared to drain it down the sink as I did the other. Well, with an expiration date of 5/97 the draining of chunky milk time had well passed. The can was wrong!! It was condensed after all but unfortunately it was into a solid orangey mass!!


Does orange milk come from orange cows????

4 comments:

Tim said...

Maybe it is dulce de leche?

j9 said...

hmmm by the looks of it yes, if you were to smell it you would not think so any more!

Colleen said...

I think you might be able to use this to make caramels fast since it's aleady a solid.

Janice said...

Only if you want to get botulism. I told Jeanine she should have saved it for me to try, but then realized it would have been a death sentence.