Monday, March 23, 2009

Microwaving 101

For those of you who don't know this already, microwaving a cupcake for 60 seconds is a bad, bad idea....

I came across some old cupcakes from a cupcake decorating experiment about 2 months ago and was thrilled!!!! Well, I was until I noticed that they were rock hard. They were so hard, I think if I had thrown them at the window they would have busted through both the glass and the screen. I was about to throw them out since I like my teeth but someone recommended that I microwave them to soften them up a bit. Not being a microwave expert, I put it in for a minute to be sure it was really soft. Apparently this wasn't a good idea. Once the smoke cleared I found a small, even more hard and very black cupcake.....




I'm not positive but in the upper right of the picture that may be a piece of exploded cupcake.


Not to be discouraged so easily, I made a second attempt with cupcake number two. It was very successful. The cupcake was a bit dry but soft(ish) and edible. It helped that I put chocolate frosting on....



Mmmmmmmm cupcakes!!! Now I'm off to my class on proper use of a microwave!

No comments: