Thursday, March 26, 2009

Potato berries


So, I was cleaning out a bowl full of "fresh" vegetables, and came across this specimen. At first, I was at a loss as to what it was, but if you look reeeeeeally closely, they may have been a few red potatoes. A reeeeeeally long time ago. They look like something you'd find being used in Middle Earth to concoct some kind of potion, but they probably came from a CSA in Western Mass. Last summer.

Apparently, neglected potatoes grow lots of eyes. And then they grow... berries? For real? I'll have to buy some more and forget about them again. This time, I'll label them so I know what they are. 

These went directly into the compost bin. I'm not THAT daring ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you were able to determine their past incarnation is impressive! Perhaps you should look into a career in Forensic Horticulture. I think this really could be the next growth sector.