Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chunky Milk - The Sequel

A few days ago I opened this up and used it a tiny bit since once again, there was no milk. This seems to be a recurring problem in this house. (See also: the Week of Vintage Milks beginning in June).

Well I casually mentioned later on that day that there were 2 half and half containers in the refrigerator and it was met with the comment I really didn't want to hear. Apparently, earlier that morning, someone had opened it up and poured some out and it came out chunky.

CHUNKY!!!

So they put it back in the fridge since the sell by date hadn't passed. Well it had. Usually milk has a sell by date but as you can see from the photo, this one has a use by date. Granted it was only a day past and usually milk is still okay for a day or sometimes a few days afterward but IF IT'S CHUNKY TOSS IT!!!!!


Good thing I didn't get sick from that. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit when I realized what had happened.

2 comments:

Janice said...

If only you would follow your own advice. Yes, I am referring to the milk you put back in the fridge that "tastes fruity." Your protests of "but it's not expired yet" and "I'd rather put it back in the fridge and have someone else finish it and buy more" don't hold water with me, missy.

j said...

Oooops....caught in the act!!!!