The other day, I had a tremendous craving for chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Lucky for me, I had some dough in the refrigerator. It had been there for a while (I'm guessing several months, but can't quite remember when I made it), but whatever, it smelled ok. Well, all right, it DIDN'T smell ok, but I was in denial.
So, I baked up a piping hot sheet of chocolately goodness. The chocolately goodness (after I painfully swallowed a sample) was promptly dumped in the trash. So sad :( I can't really descibe how they tasted, but it's probably close to a box of baking soda that was placed in the fridge to take all the funny smells out of it. After about a year. It was not good.