Monday, July 27, 2009

Major Grey, You're Still Delicious

The other day I was making a recipe that called for mango chutney. Of course, I didn't remember to check if I had any before I headed to the grocery store, so I bought a jar just in case.

There's no mystery as to how I end up with so many vintage condiments in my fridge.

Back at home, I dug out a jar that had expired in 2007. So I tasted it. Kind of funny. Then I opened the new jar and tasted it. Also kind of funny. The only difference between the two was that the price had gone up forty cents since the old jar. So, I used up the old and part of the new to make mango dipping sauce for some really yummy mushroom eggrolls.

Now I have the exact same amount of leftover mango chutney in my fridge. Maybe I'll remember that next time. Or not.

No comments: