Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vintage Milks - Whipping Cream

So this is one of the few vintage milk items I actually tried since it didn't smell funny and I had no plans to leave the house for the rest of the day. It expired in January (the 31st to be exact as you can probably see in the photo).


I had just seen a McDonalds commercial where they put whipped cream on the top of their iced coffee and thought I'd try that. I thought whipping cream would do it given the name. I took out a whisk and tried to whip it for about 5 minutes until I got carpal tunnel syndrome with no success. When I finally got tired and thought it was a bit fluffy it just sunk to the bottom of the coffee I put it in.




All I really got was a whole lot of calories stuck to the bottom of the glass but I didn't get sick. Whew!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I happen to know that you have access to an electric mixer--two, in fact. That's how most people make whipped cream. Unless they are contestants on "Frontier House." :)